Formula export/import

Making the formula sharing thread made me realize one important thing: We don’t have an easy way of exporting/importing formulas. Sure, if we were to dig through PM’s files, we could probably find a manual way of doing it, but some import/export option would be nice. Since it looks like Jan has demoscene roots, think about it like importing/exporting instruments from a tracker.

2 Likes

Don’t have demo scene roots, although I made a small thing for a C64 demo long time ago. I rather made games games for that machine in the early 90s.
Indeed import/export would be a good thing.

No? Then what’s that? ftp://ftp.no.scene.org/scene.org/demos/groups/cosmigo/cgo-plas.diz

Also thanks.

Oh, that’s friends that used the label cosmigo in the past as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree 100%, being able to export/import formulas is indeed required. Possibly, as a human readable text file which can be shown in documentation, and version controlled.

Should not be too hard to add based on a simple properties file, but I should add a separate management dialog for the formulas where you can then export/import.
Have you any formulas to share yet? Would be great to see them in the tips section :wink:

Have you any formulas to share yet? Would be great to see them in the tips section

@darkhog published some cool formulas:

but having them as screenshots doesn’t make them usable.