Adding extra frames in animbrush

Hello Jan@cosmigo I know you are busy but please consider this setting for the animbrush. Animators often animate on what is known as 1s 2s and even sometimes 3s. What I mean is often animations are singular one after the other frame that makes up the animation. But often to make an animation smoother animations have the same frames repeated 2 or even 3 times. My solution is have the amnibrush settings have a setting that allows the user to repeat frames by one or more frames. Maybe it could be a checkbox that says something like “repeating frames before moving to the next” and the user could add as many frames to repeat as they wish. Thank you any help is greatly appriciated.

it would also be nice to have an extra frames option in the “make 3D animation” requester any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi @Morintari ,

something like this is on my list, but it will be done on the timeline, not on the AnimBrush.

-Jan

something like this is on my list, but it will be done on the timeline, not on the AnimBrush.

Jan@cosmigo I can respect your decision but I feel that this should be done by the animbrush settings.Let me explain:

In animation for slow animations you often animate on twos. This simply means that every frame is repeated twice so the audience will see the movement.

For fast actions you often animate on ones this is so the frame will be fast and perceive as very fast and subliminally the audience will catch the motion.

If this is done per timeline the user could draw a slow action then a very quick one and the animation would be seen as very slow even though it was meant as a quick one.

to me it makes more sense to add this function to the animbrush settings that way the user could easily switch from a very fast action to a very slow one or vice versa.

Just my two cents. Thanks for the awesome program!