• jan@cosmigo.com

Better animation/gif processing?

I have a simple two-color (and no effects) animation that only processes correctly (without crashing PM) when I reduce the animation to about 50 frames from its original 200.

If there isn’t a way at this time to improve the animation-creation, could we at least know when we are approaching the limit without crashing the system?

Hmm… How many layers did you have?
I’ve made animations with more than 200 frames and around 20-ish layers but it didn’t crash.
It might be a lack of RAM issue? I have 16GB.

It one layer, no effects, and about 200 frames of a simple animation. I have 32 GB RAM, super high specs GPU and CPU, etc, so I know it’s not my computer

If that’s the case, it’s probably something running in the background that’s not playing nice with PMNG. The best i could do is suggest sending a crash report to @jan.cosmigo if it happens again.

Seen it a couple of times in this forum. Once in a while, an external process is messing some part of PMNG while running.

I am beginning to wonder if it’s my graphics card. It’s a EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.

A crash may never appear, of course. But a crash can appear if you run out of memory. Can you send the project to me along with instructions about how the make the crash happen?