• jan@cosmigo.com

Blurring option in Preview window

When drawing it helps to stop and blur your image to see how the image reads.This would be so easy if it could be done within the software so you don’t have to copy/paste/photoshop/gausian blur. Thank you for your time.

I did not understand why you want to blur it. Why does blurring help to see how the image reads? Is this a special process that is typically used? If so, is there such a preview function in other tools?

Hi Jan, Ive been reading a professional spriters book called Pixel logic and in his book it states “If it looks bad when blurred you have to go back and fix the pixeled version.” I’m not suggesting you make a blurring tool in a pixel based program that would be ludicrous. But iinstead if you had a check box on the animation window that would allow a single value of bluring to see how the sprite reads. It’s a quick way to tell if there is something wrong with your sprite or background.Suggestion%20for%20static%20blur
So I think this new innovative feature would make ProMotion NG that much better! Thank you for your time.

This is something that professional pixel artists do to see if their sprites don’t read correctly. This is something that pixel artists do by using an extra program unless of course they are using Photoshop or Gimp. I just thought it would be really nice to have a program where it’s built in. At any rate if you do decide to do it the blur doesn’t have to be one where you choose how much blur the blur can just be a single checkbox where the value is fixed. just something to see if your drawing works or not. Just an idea,a really helpful idea.