Create a toolbar for options in the 'Mode' menu

Admittedly, this could just be me not reading the manual, but it would be nice to have a toolbar on top with icons for these options. For instance, enabling/disabling multi-shade.

This could be me not reading the manual enough too.
But, i would love for all the main menu items to have their own toolbar/window of sorts that i can enable/disable anytime.
The reason being that, sometimes, it’s hard to catch why what I’m intending to do is not working. Only to find later that it’s because some mode is on and a sub option is coupled with it as well.

The small text found in the upper and lower left of the screen doesn’t work for me 100% of the time. Sometimes, it’s not saying anything at all.
It would be great for an icon in the screen telling the user that they’ve actually enabled something.

I mean, there’s free real estate, why not utilize it:

1 Like

Completely understood. I have two things on my todo list and maybe I can do them in 2020:

1. allow the user to create own action windows that contain small buttons which reallocate on resize and execute the function the user connects to it.
  2. allow docking of windows.

The area that is marked to be free is used when you have a tile map project. Certain settings appear there. Generally I’m not happy with all the fixed widgets/controls in the upper panel. All this should be made “moveable”, some day.

3 Likes