Creating a palette?

Hi,

Is there a tutorial that shows how I can create shades given two colors from a palette ?

Thanks

Hi,

that means you have already two colors placed in the palette and you want to create a ramp from color 1 to color 2?
If so then the easiest way is:

1. Choose the “Select” tab in the palette window (at its bottom). Then you are in color selection mode without the extended edit features.
  2. click on the first color
  3. hit the “r” key and release it. The cursor wil change into a crosshair.
  4. now click on the destination color

For more extended color management please see here:
https://www.cosmigo.com/promotion/docs/onlinehelp/OnScreenPalette.htm

Hope this helps.

-Jan

Thanks Jan.

When I copy a color, using single selection and copy at the Color Palette, Edit Mode, it seems that the new created color is the one that the tile map pixels are using. is there a way that it uses the original color position and the new color is unused, so I can change the values?

Yes, you can. Please switch off this option:

I must say that this auto movement should better not apply when copying colors, but only when moving them. Will change this! For the while please deactivate this option.

1 Like

The auto movement is now switched off for when copying colors. See version 7.1.2 (via Steam or download page).

1 Like

Hi Jan,

I have tested the Copy color and it works are we expect, but if I move colors now it doesn’t work as we expect, it doesn’t move the index also.

Please let me know if you could reproduce that and if you agree.

Thanks,
Nicolas

I think there is another issue when I move a color and then do Edit / Undo. It breaks the image.

Thanks

Hi Nicolas,

you can now activate the option “Apply Color Movement to Pixels” to automatically move the pixel indexes when moving colors. When using the copy mode (no move) then the pixels stay unmodified.
If this option is disabled then you can move the colors as well but then you need to manually execute the “remap” function which just makes the pixels find a color in the palette which they used before. If you have duplicate colors in your palette then it will use the first matching.

Undo should not destroy anything. Can you describe in more detail what you do and what happens?

-Jan

Hi,

I couldn’t reproduce the issue from a project from scratch, I will try to figure out.