Customizeable eye colors for 3d

Hello Jan@cosmigo. Please consider customizable colors for anaglyph glasses. it would help me out considerably. Some glasses that I have don’t match the typical red and blue colors some are other colors. any help is greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I E-Mailed about this last year. Hopefully it’s something that can get taken care of. I think it’s not just a matter of the glasses, just monitors displaying colors differently can affect whether the anaglyph works or not. Maybe I could adjust my monitor, but that seems a little extreme. Just being abject to set custom RGB values would be a very workable solution.

The problem is that I did not find anything useful on that topic anywhere. Would be great if anyone shared links where the math of such an adjustment can be found.

Well strictly speaking, I only need it for monochrome sprites. So that might make the math easier. Although spending dev time specifically for monochrome 3D sprites when there may be a way to support color sprites is probably not fun.

I see your point Knightcrawler, however if you do these steps you can have any 3d glasses work with it instead,

1. In the processing menu implement a new feature called custom anaglyph

2. In the preferences menu implement a new feature called custom stereo glasses

3. In the preferences menu have a slider that allows you to change the rgb/hsv/hex values of the each lens for the glasses

4. In the preferences menu have a slider that allows you to change the rgb/hsv/hex of each side of the image right and left?
    6… In the prefrences menu have a slider for the opacity for the right and left images

5. In the preferences menu have a test image that you can measure the effectiveness of the 3d effect and a way to make that test image greyscale.

6. In the preferences menu have a button for save, load, and import (Import saves the glasses to the custom import menu of processing/custom anaglyph )

Now in the processing menu you can find your custom anaglyph choices for 3-D glasses

I think that this is a far better way because it will allow any kind of glasses even custom ones that are made by hobbiests. .