- Draw on canvas
- Processing > Enable pattern drawing
- Use brush tool
- Cut and grab some drawn parts of the canvas. We’ll find that the cut-out part of the canvas stands alone, the other tiles does not reflect that we’ve cut a part of it.
- Undo what you just did. We’ll find that the cut-out part of the canvas remains undrawn.
- Keep undoing until before you enabled pattern drawing.
- Now, redo it. The pattern in the canvas should be in it’s original state, before we cut a part of it.
- Redo it again. We’ll find that is still in it’s OG state. Like we’ve never cut it.
In the demo, we’ll start from step 3:
Setup in the demo:
- new project
- 32x32px canvas