Feature request: Different Window position per tab/project

Having multiple projects open in tabs is a wonderful feature of PMNG. I’m often working on several paintings at once. Frequently jumping between them. It’s how I keep my eyes and mind fresh. So I often find myself having projects with landscape and portrait aspect ratios open at the same time. I’ve created two distinct window layouts for this to accommodate the difference in window size and saved them with:

Options–>Windows–>Save Positions/Sizes
and:
Options–>Windows–>Save Positions/Sizes (Alternate)

Now unfortunately the layout of the windows is a handled globally… not locally. That is to say, not per project/tab. I would love it if this was the other way around. ie. Each project can have and will remember their own layout, whichever you choose to use.
Is this something that could be implemented relatively easily?

Cheers!

Possible with V8, see Feature request: Ability to store/restore more than 2 window layouts

1 Like

Thanks Jan. I have version 7.2.7.0. Can I just run the beta alongside it?

Yes, you can. But when using layer groups then you can’t load the file in PM7. An update for V7 is published soon, so that it ignores the groups. At the moment it would raise an error.

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up Jan. I’ll play it safe and avoid saving out layer groups then.