Granular zoom option

This concern usually comes up when the canvas is large. But can also be something un-preferred with smaller ones sometimes. Zooming between 1x, 2x, or more is a pretty big jump, as shown in the demo below.

suggestion - granular zoom

Can we have another checkbox option to enable something like granular zooming?

PMNG 8.0.4.0

Cage I can agree that something needs to be done about zooming. However let’s take it a step further and add two keystrokes like a ctrl and a shift. When ctrl is held down the magnifier tool shifts from regular zoom to granular zoom. When the shift key is also pressed it shifts from granular zoom to relative zoom. At least that’s the way I see it. Pressing ctrl and shift would only work if the magnifying key were invoked of course.

In this sample, it’s only the jump from 1 to 2. Can you provide some more info about what the granular zoom should do in detail with the zoom level in general?

For granular zooming, i’m thinking fractions between zoom integers,
So if it’s between x1 and x2 zoom levels, for example, that would be 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4… etc.

If there is a sub-sub-option to make it even more granular/finer than that i.e. (using our example above) 1.11, 1.12, 1.13, 1.14, etc. I feel like that would cover all the bases of zooming levels a user would ever want.