Mini setup guide and status of Pro Motion NG stable on M1 Mac

Hi all, I just want to say that using wine-stable (with brew) with the latest stable version of Pro Motion does not work.

However, if you install wine-devel, the pro motion installer and app both work! Built-in dark theme still not working but you can find dark-ish themes for wine that might do the trick.

If you want to tinker a bit, you can use the Apple Script Editor to create a Pro Motion .app, just google how to do it, it’s easy enough. The script I’m using, with the default Pro Motion path during setup is the following:

on run
	do shell script "/opt/homebrew/bin/wine64 $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\\ Files/cosmigo/Pro\\ Motion\\ NG\\ -\\ V8/pmotion.exe > /dev/null 2>&1 &"
end run

Just a couple of things:

• Do not use Wine->Quit on the mac menu bar or you will close all sub-windows but not the app and you wil have to reset to default view. Use the standard red circle of File->Exit on the app

• Pro Motion app is HUGE with a lot of features so I haven’t been able to test them all, I haven’t had any problems or sudden crashes but be ready for them.

I hope this helps you!

3 Likes