Rotate Selection

Hi,

I am trying to create an animation by copying the previous frame, doing a rotation and the manually adjusting other pixels.

I wonder how I can rotate some selected pixels ?

1. to select the pixels the way is to choose: Mode -> Selection . And the to select the pixels ?

Thanks

Hi Nicolas,

you can rotate the brush. So just pick up an image portion and use menu Brush/Rotate/Free.
Then click on the canvas and move the mouse to rotate. Move farther away from the top left corner of the brush to rotate in smaller steps.
In place rotation/scale based on the selection on the canvas is planned for 2018.
Hit shift+B to restore the brush.
At the moment the brush only rotates around the top left corner. Will change it so that it rotates around the brush grip (handle) position.

-Jan

Thanks Jan , I look forward that you add the rotation around the brush grip.

Hi Jan,

You are stating that currently there is no way to change the center of the rotation?
Is there other way to achive that?

Thanks

Hi Nicolas,

depending on what you wanto do you could use Animation/Create Animation.
This system is used to create animations with rotation/scaling etc. but it’s a rendering system and not a canvas tool.
It rotates around the center of the brush or the brush grip positions given there.

-Jan

Ok, I see. It would be great that it rotates from the Grip position :slight_smile: