Tutorial "parralax scrolling without programming skills not working (solved)

The tutorial parallax scrolling without programming skills would be very useful if it worked. I cannot get it working. what happens is after I do the tutorial perfect just like it says the first frame is displayed but the second frame on is blank. Nothing is scrolling at all. I have put in the exact parameters as in the video and nothing it does not scroll. I have gone as far to add the parameters based on a screen capture so I couldn’t get any thing wrong and that does not work either. Please fix this it’s such a powerful feature I would hate to not use it because I just can’t get it working. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Can you please create screen shots of all relevant settings so that I can check what’s missing?

Ignore this, the problem is solved

Here’s the kicker the first document can only have 1 frame if it has any more it will not work. Unless the frames are animated then I am going to assume that it will show the animation scrolling but if the frames are blank it will not work it will just blink stationary instead of scroll. Below is the conversation that I was having with Jan@cosmigo

Sure Jan@cosmigo No problem.
First I set the image at 100 frames just like the tutorial

Now my image file is 768x224 this way I can make a nice repeatable image

Now I create my image with a foreground layer and a background layer

the foreground layer is the grass whereas the background layer is the mountains.

Now I create a new document and make it half the size of the other document this one is different I add 100 frames to this one

Next I go to the layers tab and click on my FX settings icon and set up my layers

and it should scroll but instead it just does this…

parralax-problems

I hope this is what you need to fix the problem please fix it any help is greatly appreciated.

Again the problem is fixed this is one less that you have to worry about! Thanks for being awesome and having a masterpiece of a program for us to express our creativity with so easily. It boggles my mind why anyone would use anything else for pixel art 2D and 3D alike!

Also unless I am totally wrong one advantage to displaying another project is that the background project is independent of the animation meaning you can add or remove frames and not worry about messing up the background animation!

I would also like to add when you add the FX layer show other project. You create a link between the two projects.
DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT CLOSE ANY OF THE FILES THAT ARE CONNECTED TO YOUR FX LAYER IF YOU DO YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO OPEN THEM AGAIN AND YOU WILL WIND UP STARTING FROM SCRATCH ON YOUR CURRENT ANIMATION.
So the moral of the story is don’t close any of your files that are connected to the FX layer. Ok Jan@cosmigo this is a great feature ! thanks for making the FX layer!

I don’t understand the reason for this message. Does a bad thing happen if you close the project that is attached to the layer FX?

I’m sorry Jan@cosmigo I had problems with it and I was trying to clarify it and save some heartache for other people that may want to try the tutorial. That’s all.