Two-colour dither mode

Allow the option of filling the empty pixels of the dither with the alternate colour rather than transparent.
This would make dithered blending between two colours simpler as you can expand the dither into both colours without needing to change colours.

Please see paint mode “Halftone” is this what you are looking for?

Yep, that does what I’m looking for, cheers. :grinning:
Is there a reason this is a discrete paint mode rather than an option in the Tool & Paint Settings like the other dither settings?
It’d be nice if the RMB behaviour was to draw with the colours swapped.

I see what you mean. At the time when I included it, I just saw it as a paint mode :slight_smile:
Also have a look at the “Inverse” mode in the paint mode dither settings. It switches the dither pixels.

[quote=“jan.cosmigo, post:4, topic:70”]
Also have a look at the “Inverse” mode in the paint mode dither settings. It switches the dither pixels.
[/quote]Yes, that I was aware of, but my thinking is that the RMB should be consistently affected by the paint mode. With shade mode the RMB has the reverse effect of the LMB, would be nicely consistent if the same was true of halftone.
Though I guess solid RMB drawing could be considered the reverse in that it is removing dither, but it seems like the paint mode is not having any effect.

Indeed the paint modes try to do an inverse operation with RMB. Will check if there is a better matching inverse operation that makes sense.

With 7.3 the paint mode “halftone” now inverts the pattern with RMB.