V8 crashes almost immediately in Parallels + Windows 10

I did some further testing with custom Shortcuts. Starting off with the defaults causes no problems. No crashes during me testing it for the last couple of hours.

I just started adding my own shortcuts manually (not loading in from file).
I have suspicions about shortcuts made in combination with the Mac’s ‘Command’ key. In some cases Pro Motion sees it as a CTRL key press, which is consistent with how some software interprets this key. For example, I have the function ‘Colors–>Modify Channel Bit Depth…’ mapped to Command+Shift+M. Pro Motion recognises and lists this in the ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ menu as CTRL+Shift+M. And it works fine without crashing the app.
However, when I try to map Command+O to ‘File–>Load Project’, the Keyboard Shortcuts menu lists it as Left WinKey. Not as ‘CTRL+O’

Strangely enough, setting ‘Save Project’ to Command+S, it shows up as CTRL+S.

I started getting some freezing/then crashing again almost immediately after mapping those commands. I ended up being able to remove those commands from those Shortcuts and haven’t had a crash since.

Just a bit more information for you. I hope it helps.

Hi @DutchDimension,

thank you so much for digging into it! :pray: Yes, please send the SCC file to jan@cosmigo.com.

-Jan

My pleasure Jan. :+1:

I have sent the Email. I hope it can be of help.

Problem should be fixed with the current Beta (8.0.1.1)
It happens when you use the “Windows key” as a shortcut. In that case it executed some
code in PM that was not properly migrated to 64Bit.

Hi Jan,

so I’ve had a few days now with this fix and I think it is indeed working without crashing now. Tried it with a few Windows/Command-key shortcut combinations and haven’t seen a crash.

1 Like