Vertical color gradiant on the palette

Hello everyone,

I suggested this already to the developer of cosmigo and it seems like it’s already planned, but he kindly asked me to post this idea here as well, so I eventually do that now. :slight_smile:

In pixelart, the combination of colors and how they harmonize with each other is very important in order to create a convincing piece of art. There is a certain technique that allows you to easily create a color palette for your objects that kinda guarantees that the colors will harmonize well with each other. In order for that to work, the user should be able to organize color gradients horizontally and vertically. Similiar to this example:

The advantages of this are:

1. It’s very easy to add more color gradiants on the existing ones and you always know the origin color of all of your gradients.
  2. If you have multiple color gradients that use one color as their base, then you reduce the total number of colors needed in your piece of work and the colors harmonize well with each other thanks to the shared base color.
  3. It’s much easier to create a big color palette with harmonizing colors for your work

Hope this makes sense to you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just added this feature. With the next release the rectangular selection in the palette allows for ramping now. This way you can select a vertical area and ramp.

1 Like

Nice! When is the next release? :slight_smile:

It will be published in September.

1 Like