Importing colour palettes

The Lospec website has a large number of user submitted colour palettes, which are downloadable in a variety of formats:

palettefiles

At the moment, the only way I can think of to import to Pro Motion is to download a palette as a PNG, open it as an image then do Colors > Save Palette to save in .pal format for future use.

It would be great if there was an easier way to import these palettes!

There was a discussion back in December about importing Gimp palettes specifically, so this may already be something you’re working on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, this is on my list. Expect it with the upcoming summer release :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful - great news!

That’s going to be real nice!

Another huge source of palettes (although not Pixel Art specific) is:

http://www.colourlovers.com/

Gimp gpl format i/o available with upcoming release (7.2)

1 Like

I know this thread is pretty old but having a small issue. When I try to import a Gimp colour palette into Cosmigo, (created using Cyotex colour palette), it’s all black. I even tried using the preset Gimp colour palettes that came with Gimp, no luck. For some reason, the ones from Lospec seems to work so I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. But when I import the palette file that I created in Cyotex to Gimp, it’s fine. @jan.cosmigo

PM seems to only support some sub set of the Gimp palette file format. Need to check and fix this.

Edit: RGB values in GPL files may be separated by Tabs or by Spaces. PM only supported Tabs. Fixed with next maintenance update.

Edit: Also just added JASC palette file format for import and export. Also available with next maintenance update.

Kind of figured out a partial solution by making my palette and filling the rest with black until it’s exactly 256 colours in total.