Layer groups (folder) and Panels glued (GUI)

Layer groups (folder) and color-code layers :
Layers creation and groups with color-code by layers and groups (folders) would be very appreciated

Panels glued (GUI) :
All the panels could be glued to the edge. One could free them by turning them into floating panels as is already the case in Pro Montion NG.

1 Like

Yup yup. Agree.

For organization and whatnot, here’s links to previous threads discussing the same things:

Thanks for your explication.

User of TVpaint, Aura and other animation and drawing software, floating panels are quite common but today, GUI panels glued are very appreciated.

Best regards
Yoz Montana

Yep! I believe panel docking is intended for a future update. No ETA, though.

Free transformations comes with 7.3.
Also see here:
https://twitter.com/CosmigoPM/status/1261962155261341696?s=20
https://twitter.com/CosmigoPM/status/1269595975389151232?s=20

Docking windows and panels are planned for 7.4. Not sure when layer folder are added. I hope that I can make it before 7.4, but this depends on the technical impact of the change.
I will also publish a poll after 7.3 listing bigger features to get a better idea about what people need most.

7.3 is still very delayed. Lots of things came in the way technically because I redo the complete canvas tool engine and also some private emergencies and duties took and take a lot of weekends (my main working time for PM) away :roll_eyes:

Hey hey, a new update. Nice!

Hope things are ok on your end. You sound busy.

Extremely. 7.3 was planned for Spring… I now hope for Winter :grimacing:

if you could implent layers creation and groups with color-code by layers and groups (folders) would be very appreciated because when you create more than thirty layers, it becomes not very easy to manage.

When the time has come I will probably show some preview screens here. But at the moment I can’t say much about an ETA.

Hi I thought it was worth bumping this thread as this is a feature I dearly miss from using things like photoshop, it just made it significantly easier to organize and show/hide or lock multiple objects with a single click. It has been a year, so any news on if the feature is still under consideration?

thanks in advance.

I would like to add to this maceam. I love the way layers are organized in Painter and would love to see this feature in PMNG! Jan@cosmigo thank you in advance.

1 Like

Yeah it is funny, I rarely go out of my way to make community accounts. I think for me to go through the effort search to see if anyone else had requested this feature and revive the thread, kind of shows how desperately I want it haha. Again Loving the software, I reckon it was worth every cent.

Don’t understand this as a promise, but maybe I can add it with the next release. I plan to publish a beta for the release and while this is out I could take a look at this. Let’s see. But it will be one of the features that should be there soon even if it doesn’t make it into the very next release which is already very over due :roll_eyes: (but requires a beta phase anyway)