Wish to support TEXT MODE

Sorry my English is not very well.
As PromotionNG is the pixel drawing tool which has a strong power of Brush Container/ Brush get tool for pixel art.
I hope its brush function can support Text mode better.

About the Text Mode can be saw in the video of here:
What is ‘TEXT MODE’ art? | Introduction and Timelapse - YouTube
Or twitter tags just like:
#TextMode
#MRMOTEXT

PromotionNG 's Tile maps mode can easily make a sheet of Text mode’s brush palette. But the Tile mode is locked the color palette. It can not draw tile brush in other colors.

The Brush Container maybe a better way. But Brush Container can not make brush palette Automatic batch.
e.g. I already get a text sheet png for Text Mode Brush. I wish I can export the png with some grid as brushes.

For me. I think change the Tile maps mode is more needed for Text mode artist, cause they can easy change the brush by the Tile set window. Just add a function can support single color mode for Tile maps mode would be ok.

Hello CallofAS, As far as text mode goes with having your tileset ready have you tried using selecting the tiles and changing the paint mode by going to mode/paint single color then changing the colors to anything you wish? This is an indirect approach to what your trying to do but I think It will work just the same.

Hi, Morintari, sorry to reply late. I’ve tried the Mode - paint single color. But the color didn’t change. As I said the Tile mode is locked the color palette. Or I didn’t do something right.

My apologies you are correct. Sorry for wasting your time. Paint single color doesn’t work on a tile map but if it did I think your problem would be solved. So now the thing is to get Jan@cosmigo to include it in his list of features. While He’s at it I could really use the feature paint single color in cloning as I have said before.

Hi, Morintari,
It’s Ok. English is not my first language maybe I can not express more. Your thinking idea is right.
And I know the Text Mode is not an important thing and should not be first on Jan’s list. I’m also waiting PMNG could have an animation Timeline for every layers. And I think, adding a Text Mode is easy just like unlocking the tile mode color palette. For now, people draw text mode always use Playscii or lvllvl. I think PMNG is really better than them.

Hi @CallofAS

I’m not sure if I understood the problem correctly. I hope we agree that it’s possible to create such art by placing all the tiles in the brush container and using snap grid/lock grid to draw with them grid aligned. Also, you can have single color brushes and use Paint Mode “Single Color” to use the current foreground color when stamping down the brush shape.
I think this is not your problem, right?

Your problem is to output the brush container contents as an aligned set of aligned text tiles as a PNG and maybe even import such a file to split into the brushes in the container.
Is that what you need?

-Jan

Sorry for my late reply, Jan.
The reason why I can not leave the Tile maps mode is because I make games. I need to know the index number of the “Brush”.
But it’s OK now, I made a tool in my game engine, I draw and use the little tool, and it works enough for me.

And of cause, the brush tiles are exported by the PromotionNG. PMNG is one of my most important tools for pixel game making.

I think the support I asked for is too minority. It’s ok now.
Thanks for your patience.
For these years I just wait one day PMNG can have timelines for every layers to make animation.
Then I can put other tools down.

Thanks for your work, Jan.
Good luck.

With separate timelines you mean this request: Is It Possible to Have Multiple Animation Timelines? ?

2 Likes

The request is what I mean.
I sure used the Ctrl Alt + O/P, and I even used the layer FX “Display other Project” to do things help the timeline.

But I think to have the real multiple animation timelines for layers is more necessary.
When the things which we drawing are getting more complicated. e.g. A human with many layers to animate.
Multiple timelines for layers can help to know every unit’s situation while we are drawing or designing.

So, what you need is basically to have connected frame cells to have repeating (equal) cells on a layer because they don’t change during some parts of the overall animation?
And you would like to better move the cells on a layer.?

I mean this.
And sorry, I just saw that it’s already in your plan. It is exciting news for me. You can see me in that topic in 2018.
Thanks for your work, Jan.